50 Common Grammar Errors And Its Corrected Form

English is the common language of the people entire the world. There are several mistakes that a person makes while learning this language. Even if people are experts then also there is a high risk of making a mistake. So, here, I have presented some common grammar errors that usually a person makes. I have also presented its correct form below the errors. 


Note: First line is the error and below it is the corrected form.


1. The passengers travelling in the bus / plane
were only women.
The passengers travelling on the bus / plane were only women.
2. William entered into the room.
William entered the room.
3. I have done it yesterday.
I did it yesterday.
4. She is living there since she got married.
She has been living there since she got married.
5. We must have to phone him.
We must phone him.  OR
We have to phone him.
6. I will phone you when she will arrive here tomorrow.
I will phone you when she arrives here tomorrow.
7. She is not believing you.
She doesn’t believe you.
8. The thing we needed were volunteers.
The thing we needed was volunteers.
9. Everybody are present.
Everybody is present.
10. She has done a mistake.
She has made / committed a mistake.
21. She wants to give her exam.
She wants to take her exam.
22. I’ll be home since 4 o’clock.
I’ll be home from 4 o’clock.
23. She was married by an Australian.
She was married to an Australian.
24. Switzerland is among Germany, France, Austria and Italy.
Switzerland is between Germany, France, Austria and Italy.
25. The Mt. Everest is the highest peak in the world.
Mt. Everest is the highest peak in the world.
26. She passed the exam despite of her laziness.
She passed the exam despite her laziness.
27. I’m thankful for your help.
I’m grateful for your help.
28. What live in these little holes?
What lives in these little holes?
29. The table shows that only 20%  men work less than 20 hours a week.
The table shows that only 20%  of men work less than 20 hours a week.
30. Do you have the key of this door?
Do you have the key to this door?
31. I am senior than you.
I am senior to you.
32. There are five reasons of this change.
There are five reasons for this change.
33. Can you find any useful information in her website?
Can you find any useful information on her website?
34. He ran very fastly.
He ran very fast.
35. Many newspaper articles are also available in the internet now.
Many newspaper articles are also available on the internet now.
36. The birth rate has reduced over the past twenty years.
The birth rate has dropped over the past twenty years.
37. The rate of union membership rose to 30% comparing to 25% last year.
The rate of union membership rose to 30% compared to 25% last year.
38. Why not to write to her?
Why not write to her?
39. There are now more opportunities for females within the public service.
There are now more opportunities for women within the public service.
40. My father has got a new work.
My father has got a new job.
41. Don’t buy anything that isn’t in the list.
Don’t buy anything that isn’t on the list.
42. I’m thinking to change my job.
I’m thinking of changing my job.
43. Which is the biggest city of the world?
Which is the biggest city in the world?
44. There is a hotel in front of our school.
There is a hotel opposite our school.
45. The chart shows the number of hours worked by men and women employees.
The chart shows the number of hours worked by male and female employees.
46. I looked at me in the mirror.
I looked at myself in the mirror.
47. He gave me an information.
He gave me some information.
48. Write the answer of this question?
Write the answer to this question?
49. The old building was in fire.
The old building was on fire.
50. Companies in our country need to spend more money for research and development.
Companies in our country need to spend more money on research and development.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MOST POPULAR

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *